Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

MET EXAM Pass

• MEADE1990
  • Topic Author

MEADE1990 created the topic: MET EXAM Pass

Hi folks,

So, passed met yesterday @ 91%... I'm determined to get another 100 somewhere and I thought this might have been the one. What I have learnt from this bout of confidence is that when you are completely competent in the syllabus and have a good understanding of what you have learnt, you still don't know enough. I got 3 easy questions wrong. This may be because of wording (or lack there of in some cases) or just areas I over looked..."microburst you say? Yea they just go down and out"...

My 2 cents (they're probably not worth that even) would be that no ones practice questions are at the depth of the CASA questions. If you get any practice question wrong, go back and review the entire subject relating to it and make sure you have a really thorough understanding...

I've been flying for 12 years and can say a lot of this stuff we're learning looks like rubbish, until that one time you need it...

Get it right and you'll be a safe pilot :) :)

Meade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: MET EXAM Pass

Congratulations Meade that's a solid pass

• craig.hardy

craig.hardy replied the topic: MET EXAM Pass

Hey I'm about to sit in the next 2 weeks what areas are most important to focus on ?

• MEADE1990
  • Topic Author

MEADE1990 replied the topic: MET EXAM Pass

Hey Craig.Hardy!

I can hardly remember sitting Met anymore :/ ive got a head full of CADA and CSYA!

I remember getting proper hard GPWT and GAF questions (although I didnt get them wrong), go to the BOM website and download the user manual for them, it was very helpful.

I failed the following three topics wrong;
-microbursts
-sigmet
-winds general

and I got probably the hardest cloud (name the pictured cloud) question ever. I did however spend many days sitting on the dozer looking outside at the clouds and guessing.

Im sorry I cant be more helpful :(. I only spend 2 weeks on a topic (this time its 2 in 2 weeks :/) of which I only get an hour or so every night and the whole weekend, providing im not blasting around in Australias most underpowered Cherokee. Know the stuff in bobs book and there is no reason you wont get 100%!!!! I beleive in you! I was only 3 questions off it and im useless!

Meade

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds