Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Volume 2, Page 142 - Q29 - Warm fronts

• Combrinck
  • Topic Author

Combrinck created the topic: Volume 2, Page 142 - Q29 - Warm fronts

Hi there,

When comparing the correct answer to question 29 on page 142 with the text on page 115, they do not seem to be consistent: Page 142 states "Nil weather" to the question as to what weather situations would be most likely after the passage of a warm front while page 115 states, "Warm fronts feature almost every cloud type in the book. ...... extensive nimbostratus forms with associated heavy and continuous rain or snow."

Thanks, Gerhard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mauna3

mauna3 replied the topic: Volume 2, Page 142 - Q29 - Warm fronts

Hi Gerhard,

i dont have access to the material you are quoting, however.... These questions address weather during a warm front and weather AFTER a warm front passes. Warm fronts equal low pressure and instability, warm air is great at holding water. As a warm/wet bunch of air hits cooler air it gets forced up. You now have all the ingredients of thunderstorm and rubbish weather.
After the warm front passes (i.e its getting cooler) it is saying the the air mass is now becomig stable, cooler, higher pressure. The airmass now lends itself to better weather.

so, the bottom line is that during a warm front, horrible weather. After a warm front better weather.

HTH?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Volume 2, Page 142 - Q29 - Warm fronts

I think you will find that the question relates to the weather to be expected AFTER the passage of a warm front. The weather you have described would be expected before the passage of the warm front followed by a rapid clearing to good conditions. By the way, Australia is not affected by warm fronts. They form south of the continent and move south.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Combrinck

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds