Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed Met 79%

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 created the topic: Passed Met 79%

As usual I'll do a bit of a write up on the exam. It has been my worst mark yet and you should definitely treat this exam as one of the harder ones.
I feel met gets away with being thought of as easy because people rote learn the subject rather than understand the concepts.

My exam consisted of 30 questions, 4 of which were 2 markers so be careful.

The easy stuff at the start was really easy, basic things like what is fog formation by horizontal movement called.
After about 6-7 questions the question got a bit trickier.

Everything was covered by Bob and also read through the BOM manual. I got no questions on icing or cloud composition.

I got 2-3 questions on GPWT very basic stuff, flight from A to B what is the lowest temp. Some questions had both a GPWT and TAF, and asked for winds for a flight from A to B at X,000' and what the conditions based on the taf would be upon arrival. Some GAF questions were pretty easy, just basic what’s the lowest cloud base. One question asked about ISOL TS 3000/ABV10,000 on a gaf with no image of a gaf and asked about the severity of windshear, icing and hail. 2-3 questions on TAF3, if you know about the 3 hour period at the start of a TAF3 not including buffers, then you'll find most of the questions on TAF3 are trying to see if you know about it and if you're within the period it applies to.

My advice which may not work for others, questions with big tafs and the answers are all big as well, go through them all together and see what is different between them. You'll quickly find something like the OKTAS isnt correct for the cloud specified and can immediately eliminate it. Same thing with, time for inters and tempos, vis amounts, and the big one which saves a lot of time is knowing if the wind would be in T or M and if clouds would be AGL or AMSL for whatever they give you ie, TAF, GAF, GPWT, ATIS.

Overall, it’s a pretty fair exam, but you need to learn concepts not rote, rote will only get you through 1/3 of the exam.

Again big thanks to Bob, he is constantly updating questions based on feedback and helping everyone out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 237

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Passed Met 79%

Congratulations and thanks for the feedback

Cheers

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 replied the topic: Passed Met 79%

I was meant to thank, you and Bob, I’ve edited that haha

Feel free to PM me, I can send you through examples of questions I hadn’t seen on any of the practice exams

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds