Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Navigation question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Navigation tips

• sonwill
  • Topic Author

sonwill created the topic: Navigation tips

Hi All,
I managed to get through the Navigation exam today with 88%
Thanks to Bob Tait's video series and books. I highly recommend paying for the video series if you struggle with some of the concepts, even just a single lesson or two can help you master things such as 1 in 60. (just need some on air law now!!). It is the next best thing to being in the class. I used them for IREX, Perf & NAV.

Standard 32 questions for me. The thing that surprised me was the amount of 'fill in the box' questions, where you had to provide the answer either fuel, weight, or time in decimal format in a box. So you need to be confident of your workings.
Fuel calc ones were simple, but watch the units! Had one all in USG, but had to convert to Lt for the answer.
Also watch the fuel type, AVTUR vs AVGAS when converting weight.

Read the forum on NAV as I found loads of examples that helped me, EG if it is 0600 LMT Perth, what is it in Canberra (Bob explains this one well in one of the forum posts ie 33 degrees difference in longitude @ 4 min a degree)

Good luck, and happy studying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Navigation tips

Congratulations Will

Solid result and thanks for the feedback

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds