Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Decimals

• Lex_Luthor
  • Topic Author

Lex_Luthor created the topic: Decimals

My KDR shows 2 mark ETI & fuel calculation questions that I'm sure were type-in questions so I just wanted to know when is the right time to round-off our calculations? At each step or at the final answer? Thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Decimals

I have asked CASA about this since the type-in answers were introduced. Their answer was not much help. They simply said that they have various margins for full marks that they apply to these question. It depends on the question and the type of calculation and number of steps involved to get the answer. That's not much to go on.

All I can say is keep the decimals as they occur and round out the final answer. It's hard to see how calculating an answer to three decimal places off a kilogram is any practical use to a pilot. The main problem area seems to be extracting data from P charts. Just be very careful with interpolations and use a sharp pencil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds