Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

What is the latest revision of the book?

• incognico
  • Topic Author

incognico created the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

Hi all,

My Performance book says it was last revised March 2017. The errata list states as of Nov 2018 "50+ pages of exercises and examples have been changed to reflect the new requirements".

It is not clear from the errata page if/when there is a newer print copy of the book encompassing these changes.

What's the latest revision date? Is this information available somewhere (I can't seem to find it)? Makes it difficult to know what I'm looking for locally, or even if I order another book from the online store whether it will contain these changes.

Cheers,

--Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

G'day Nick

We update the book constantly The last update was the 9/9/2019 we don't change the revision date unless there has been a major change to the book, we only print 100 book batches so as long as you've purchased a new book it will always be the latest copy

2017 will be very out of date

Cheers

• incognico
  • Topic Author

incognico replied the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

Ok, thanks Stuart - appreciate the info. I'll order a new one!

--Nick

• abargri

abargri replied the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

Hi all -

I have the November 8, 2018 Edition. I only purchased it from my local Pilot Shop a few weeks ago, and I am hoping that this is the latest version.

cheers,

• incognico
  • Topic Author

That's the same date as in the front of the new one I ordered ~2 weeks ago as per this thread, and means you will have all the new fuel requirements.

There are a couple of small errors you may want to hunt out and correct before you get to them - see the errata page: www.bobtait.com.au/updates-and-errata/22-cpl-performance-errata . My "latest" book required these changed, so yours will too.

--Nick

• abargri

abargri replied the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

Thanks for the link Nick.

I'm really struggling with the Exercise 5.4 on Page 141. The answers in the book seem to have transposition errors which might be causing me my confusion.

For example, on Page 194 - No 2 (Bottom LHS) - the calculated max t/off weight is 2830, but the answer says 2836. In the flow diagram on the top RHS 206 Kg for Fuel should be used, but 210 is used? I'm not sure how we arrived at 210.

For No 3 - on page 194 - The All Fuel weight should be 281 (I think), but 292 is used.... why?

Any tips?

• incognico
  • Topic Author

Hopefully someone else can comment - while I was waiting for my new book I started a different subject so have not done this yet sorry.

• incognico
  • Topic Author

For what it's worth, I am doing this subject now and you are correct - there's typos/errors in the answer to 5.4 Q2 just as you describe.

The answer to Q3 in my book is correct though, 281 is used for the working with no sign of the 292 you mention... *shrug*

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: What is the latest revision of the book?

The latest version is Nov 8th 2018,

• incognico
  • Topic Author

Thanks Bob, I have that version (bought from the online store after starting this thread and getting the reply from Stuart).

In this current version there are a few minor issues with answers/workings that you might want to update. EG: 5.4 Q2 as described above. Also the working of the answers to exercise 5.6 mix and match the 10% and 15% reserve figures (eg 5.6.2 minimum fuel at takeoff is correctly shown as 429kg but in working out the max takeoff weight, 447kg is used. The previous answer has a similar issue in the working although neither one changes the final answer as they don't change the lowest takeoff weight option that is chosen.)

I seem to recall seeing a couple of others too but I'm not sure if these minor types of things are worth bringing up to get fixed?

--Nick

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds