Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CFPA Rounding Rules for Fuel

• lgarrett
  • Topic Author

lgarrett created the topic: CFPA Rounding Rules for Fuel

Hi,

Can you please clarify the rules for rounding for fuel for the exam?

For instance
- Trip fuel, VR and FR: Should I round up to the nearest 0.1 USG or L (i.e. slightly over estimate usage for safety)
- Margin: Should I round down to the nearest 0.1 USG or L (i.e. under estimate fuel margin for safety)

or any other rules.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lgarrett
  • Topic Author

lgarrett replied the topic: CFPA Rounding Rules for Fuel

Team,

If anyone is wondering, I have contacted CASA to ask them directly what is expected and this is what I was advised:
1. The answers take into account any variance in conversion from the ERSA i.e. between the flow chart and table - provided you use the correct flow chart for the fuel types
2. Do not round during working, use exact figures where possible.
3. At the end of the calculations the question will advise whether to round up or down. This is the point that you do any rounding.

I did not on Pilot Practice Exams forums that they recommend writing down figures to 3-4 decimal points. The amount of decimal points should be accurate to 4 significant figures in the exam.

Hope this helps people preparing for your exam.

Lucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds