Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Final test question 7

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph created the topic: Final test question 7

Hey again everyone....just about question 7 in final test in textbook.... so they are asking me to find the maximum payload permitted on this flight... so that would mean that ...
1. I would have to calculate all of my fuel .... being trip fuel, variable reserves,fixed reserves and taxi fuel?
2. The trip fuel and the variable reserve total... 105kg... I got and shown in the answer... but then when calculating the MTOWs...eg... landing limits+ burn, maxZF+ all fuel on board... they have 2630+108...
So where did the extra 3 kg come from.? Allowing for start up and taxi, the echo has 3 gals... equal to 8.16kg?
So I’m stumped ...
lm sure I’ve done something stupid:()

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BJ1983

BJ1983 replied the topic: Final test question 7

Would love to know the answer to this also.
I suspect taxi fuel won't be included as you want to know weight at take-off.
Stumped as to how 105 - [Trip Fuel (58) x Variable Res (1.1) + 41 (Fixed Res)] becomes 108.
MBT - any ideas?

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Final test question 7

G'day Sophie

That's a easy question to answer I obviously was having a bad day and wrote the wrong amount in the fuel calculations and carried it through 105kg is the correct weight.

I have amended the answer in the E-Text and added an errata entry for the book.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds