Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed CPL Performance - 3rd time lucky.

• Airspeed
  • Topic Author

Airspeed created the topic: Passed CPL Performance - 3rd time lucky.

I finally passed the CPL Performance exam. It took three attempts. The first attempt I think I failed it by only 1 or 2 questions at 68%, but the second attempt I was stunned with a worse result 51%!!! Which just blew me away.

I think my main reason for doing so poorly in the second attempt, was two fold. Firstly not reading what answer they were asking for. IE just skimming through the question and assuming I knew the answer, hen jumping into working it, EG ETP distance to B, when they wanted it from the origin at A and secondly not being accurate enough in the P chart questions that required a single value for the answer.

Anyway, on my third attempt I got 78%. I felt like the exam was much easier. Even the 4 pointer question, which in previous attempts was a single answer question, was multiple choice.

I think I could have gotten over 80%, but took too long over a forward limit question that had no weight change. I keep adding and subtracting weights and moments from the forward to the back, when all I needed to do was calculate the forward limit at that specified weight and do a weight shift calc. I actually did that in the final minutes of the exam, but got flustered due to time, didn't trust myself and stayed with the wrong answer.

Anyway, a pass is a pass and I'm happy. Just Law, Aerodynamics and General knowledge to finish now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: Passed CPL Performance - 3rd time lucky.

Congrats Matthew ! That's a big milestone achieved on your journey. Cheers

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Passed CPL Performance - 3rd time lucky.

Congratulations great effort

• Airspeed
  • Topic Author

Airspeed replied the topic: Passed CPL Performance - 3rd time lucky.

Thanks guys and thanks for all the help everyone gave.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds