Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

HPL TEM Current Volume Text

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy created the topic: HPL TEM Current Volume Text

Hi bob, does your current book have all the new updates for the addition of threat and error management sufficient to pass the casa exam? i havent heard whether it does or not so just want to check before i ordered it. Also, is there any other information avail from casa etc that i should read or does your text cover it all so that i should be fine for the test?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: HPL TEM Current Volume Text

The HPL book contains a section on TEM which will give you a idea of the content and sample questions. However it would be a good idea to check out the CASA web site for CAAPs etc on TEM. You should study any additional information you can find. Most theory providers [including me] are still trying to get their heads around the TEM syllabus. Most students are finding the CASA questions on TEM difficult to interpret. You can expect quite a few exam questions on the TEM topic.

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy replied the topic: Re: HPL TEM Current Volume Text

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Spoke to lee earlier and ordered my book so i will just have to wait and see. Thanks for your reply Bob. Fingers crossed...

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: HPL TEM Current Volume Text

If you've got time you might also want to check out the Safety and TEM training pack that CASA produces: "Safety Behaviours: Human Factors for Pilots" which you can order from their online store .

It has some good info in the workbooks and study guide. You can order it for the cost of postage. By the way, while you're there, check out the other excellent training materials available. Some of it isn't directly applicable to the exams but it's all very good stuff for real life flying.

As for some handy TEM references, CAAP 5.59 is essential reading in your TEM studies. Also check out these two papers, they are quite interesting as well:

Defensive Flying For Pilots: An Introduction to Threat and Error Management by Ashleigh Merritt, Ph.D. & James Klinect, Ph.D.

Threat and Error Management by Captain Dan Maurino

And here's a good article from Eurocontrol including reference links to some of the materials above:

TEM in Flight Operations

The papers seem to reference each other a lot but having said that each does re-present the material in subtly different ways which may make it easier to get your head around the jargon and the concepts.

Happy studying and welcome to the wonderful world of TEM :P

Cheers,

Rich

• rossy
  • Topic Author

rossy replied the topic: Re: HPL TEM Current Volume Text

Thank you very much Rich!!!

Very helpfull, i have a few more days Nav to study before my exam next wednesday then i'll be into all these references and my new HPL book ready for my exam = )

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds