Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL training on a class 2 medical

• Unusualattitude
  • Topic Author

Unusualattitude created the topic: CPL training on a class 2 medical

Hi,
I would like to know if CPL training can be commenced on a class 2 medical and where can I find information on CASA website regarding this issue?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pilot_5100

pilot_5100 replied the topic: Re: CPL training on a class 2 medical

Allo,

I am pretty sure CPL training can use Class 2 medical as it is just a training and ur not flying a RPT yet.

The reason why most people need to have Class 1 to make sure they are able to have one based on their fitness.
From my experience, one of my friends has a Class 2 medical, and when he went for his Class 1 medical, he couldn't get one, due to some fitness reason.

Better to have Class 1 although u can have Class 2 for CPL training.

If you want to ask more, better to talk to your instructor.

• Unusualattitude
  • Topic Author

Unusualattitude replied the topic: Re: CPL training on a class 2 medical

Do you happen to know where I can this information on CASA website regarding CPL training on a class 2 medical?

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: CPL training on a class 2 medical

Don't think CASA would explicitly state it, but you 'can' definitely do CPL training with a class 2, heck you don't even need a medical to do the dual training. Will only become a problem when your instructor needs to tick off 'applicant holds a valid class 1 medical' <- or words to that effect, on your flight test form. The medical is only really to allow you to exercise the privileges of your license and until you're issued and USE a CPL, you only need a class 2.

I say 'can' because it would depend a little on the school, they may rather you have a class 1 before you get started so that like pilot_5100's friend, he doesn't get knocked back for a medical after have done x amount of navs and spent xxxx thousands of $$.

Where I teach we recommend students that aspire to CPL get a class 1 when they go for their first medical, even if they don't necessarily use it within the year it's valid. At least that way they know they don't have any underlying issues preventing them from doing so in the future. Plus you still get a 4yr class 2 with it anyway =)

Hope that helps,

Good luck

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: CPL training on a class 2 medical

If you look at the actual flight test checklist from the CASA website www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:OLDA...FileName=form090.pdf and have a look at section B, it says a class 2, but I agree; make sure you know you can get the class 1 before you spend all the money only to find out they won't give you a medical. Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds