Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PPL responsibilities

• cessna888
  • Topic Author

cessna888 created the topic: PPL responsibilities

Hi everyone,

I got asked a question as to whether a Private Pilot can sign the maintenance release. I do believe the answer is yes but do any of the law books actually state it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: PPL responsibilities

Hi Cessna888,

I assume you are meaning who may sign Part 3 of a maintenance release after a daily inspection (i.e. signing out the daily inspection and signing in the Time in Service as required in CAR 43B). Yes, a private pilot can sign the maintenance release. The reference you want is in CAAP 42B para 1.3 which expands on CAR 42B and outlines exactly who may sign out the maintenance release. Student pilots may not.

If you are referring to who may sign out a maintenance release afer maintenance was done, then you need to refer to CAR 43 and CAAP 43-1 under Maintenance Release Procedures. Basically the person has to be approved by CASA (for signing off Part 1) or suitably qualified (for signing off Part 2). You will find this information on page 4.39 - 4.40 of the PPL textbook.

Cheers.

Rich

• cessna888
  • Topic Author

cessna888 replied the topic: Re: PPL responsibilities

Cheers for the I printed off the CAAP and found the paragraph you were referring to.
Forgot to as what does it actually mean to sign the maintenance release?

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds