Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

• psbpan
  • Topic Author

psbpan created the topic: AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

Hi Bob, I tried to figure out the answer of Question 21 in CPL airlaw sample question set 1 but i dont get it
THe question is

Your employer operates VFR aircraft below 5700 AUX. He has arranged for you to be taken as a passenger on a 2 hour positioning flight to pick up another aircraft for a charter flight as PIC. During the last 5 days you have completed two 13 hours tour of duty. If you report for the positioning flight at 8.00 am, the latest time at which you may plan to complete your tour of duty today is??
a. 9 pm
b. 8 pm
c. 7 pm
d. 6 pm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

CAO 48.0 para 3.2 says that if a period of 'dead head transportation' precedes a tour of duty, the tour of duty shall commence at the beginning of the 'dead head transportation' and cease at the end of the tour of duty.

Since this pilot has already done two tours of duty in excess of 11 hours in the preceding 6 days, this tour of duty must not exceed 11 hours. The positioning flight is counted as part of the tour of duty.

So 11 hours after 8.00 am is 7.00 pm.

Bob

• psbpan
  • Topic Author

psbpan replied the topic: AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

Thank you Bob
but
What about the CAO 48.1 para 1.16 which says that

A pilot shall not fly and an operator shall not roster him or her to fly in excess of 30 hours in 7 consecutive days.

Does it apply to this case?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

That's talking about flight time, not tour of duty. If a pilot has done a 13 hour tour of duty, it doesn't mean he/she has done 13 hours of flight time. The limit on duty time is 90 hours in any fortnight.

Bob

• psbpan
  • Topic Author

psbpan replied the topic: AIR LAW Question about Tour of Duty

Alright I got it now

Now I'm ready to sit the exam tomorrow

Thank you so much Bob

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds