Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Got to strech the Dollar!!

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter created the topic: Got to strech the Dollar!!

Hi Gents / Ladies,

Firstly Bob and co. Thank you for the e-text books! They're great!! - I thought I'd battle with the computer format (not used it before), but can honestly say that I may even prefer it to the hardcopy!! Even an ol' boy can get his head around it :)

I've quit my full time job so that I can complete my Australian ATP conversion finished - I'm on a tight budget (money and time wise) so don't want to buy goodies that I don't need. If you could give me some guidance on 2 issues it would be most helpful:

1) With regards to what material I have to take along for airlaw (Cpl) exam:
this is what Dr. Google says I should take
• CAR 1988 (ALLREADY GOT IT)
• CAO 20-95.2 (ALLREADY GOT IT)
• AIP Book (ALLREADY GOT IT)
• ERSA complete (NEED TO GET - USING THE AIRSERVICES' ONLINE - SHOULD I GET THE RDS?)
• AUS PCA
• ERC LOW 1/2 and 3/4 only (2 ERC Lows)
• Hobart/Launceston VTC
• Brisbane-Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast VTC
• No other references or material permitted

I just need to make sure is this correct, as some of the items, i.e. the PCA, ERC, VTC seem to me that they may be more relevant to the IREX exam??

2nd'ly) In the CPL airlaw book - some of the work after page 122 (specifically MET items and i.e. Obtaining a radio fix) seem that it might be items more relevant to Cpl MET or IREX, thus "preparatory" in nature for those subjects? I'm by no means trying to say it's not important (As I need to still write IREX), just want to make sure I'm majoring on the right points at the right time.

With Thanks,

Andy
Fly safe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Got to strech the Dollar!!

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for some good questions. Yes I would recommend you get all of the recommended material including the ERSA with RDS. There is a forum post on here somewhere about someone who forgot one of the charts and got exactly that question in the exam - it was majorly annoying for them.

As for your met questions, this material is in the syllabus so could very well be examined. You're right it does seem more appropriate to met and IREX but there is a lot of crossover and it would be wise to prepare for questions on these topics in all of those exams.

Cheers,

Rich

• Andy Venter
  • Topic Author

Andy Venter replied the topic: Got to strech the Dollar!!

Tx Rich,

Just decided to go the whole hog and get all the TAC, ERC low / High, CAO's etc. No point being penny wise and pound foolish.

Only thing I"ll be borrowing is the CAR's.

WRT the CASR / CAAP - from the CASA page I see that photocopies are allowed, so I'm going to print them out. Could you perhaps recommend which CAAP, CASR's to print out? I know as I go through the various subs (IREX - CPL Airlaw - ATP Airlaw) I'll get a sense of which I need, but only having done the CPL airlaw, I don't want to print only those I need for CPL airlaw, Then later again for IREX and again for ATP etc.

Thanks heaps for the input.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Got to strech the Dollar!!

Andy

I have made a slim publication of the relevant extracts from the CAO and CAR/CASA that I my full-time students use. If you give Lee a call at the office on 07 32040965 or e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., she will be able to supply a copy. Should save you a lot of heartache. Remember you can't take loose leaf pages into the exam - it has to be bound into a booklet.

Good luck

Bob

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds