Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

• BBird
  • Topic Author

BBird created the topic: CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

Hi guys, thanks to Rich and Bob for answering my questions, its good to have help.

Now I have been struggling with CAO 48.0 and 48.1 Flight crew hours. It seems that the up to date amended version in the CAO is neither up to date nor amended...currently it is 30 april 2013. Although these are the up to date CAO's they are not correct or up to date in fact the correct version is on the CASA website. Now I just talked to ASL and they state you may print out these CAO versions and as lond as you put them in a ringbinder they are sufficient and allowed.

I dont know if everyone knows this and I am telling you to suck eggs but sometimes its better to say something obvious in case not everybody knows. Is it important? Well in the published version vs the new casa version both FDT and Total flight times differ so it is fairly relevant to being able to answer questions correctly. Apparently in the exam they may actually refer to which piece of legislation applies but only in this case?

Cheers and good luck, Ben Bird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

Yes Ben, it's a bit of a dilemma isn't it. From what I understand, both the 'old' Part 48 and the 'new' Part 48 are currently valid and the industry [and CASA] are in a state of flux, transitioning from the old system to the new. The new CAO 48 will not be fully implemented until 2016, so until then, operators will be given the option of using either or progressively changing there company procedures to gradually make the switch. So officially, the old CAO 48 is still valid. We have been advised that you can expect exam questions on both the new and the old Part 48. I am starting an Air Law class next Wednesday and they will be sitting the exam the following Monday. Maybe then we will have a better idea of just what to expect. I'll keep you posted through the forums.

Bob

• ScottB

ScottB replied the topic: CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

Hi Bob,

I am sitting CLAW in 3 weeks, and still a little confused with which version to use for study.

Do i use the verson of 48.1 that is on the CASA website, or the most recent amendment i received, because they differ in a few things

Thankyou
ScottB

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

Gidday Scott. The feed-back we have had to date is that there are no questions in Air Law on the new CAO 48. I think you could be confident that there will be none in your exam. I suspect that CASA themselves can't understand the ridiculous convoluted content of the new fatigue management requirements, so there is no one there who is capable of writing a question.

Good luck with the exam. Bob

• ScottB

ScottB replied the topic: CAO 48.0/48.1 mystery.

Thank you Bob

Cheers
Scott

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds