Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL Exam Passed - Thanks Bob

• Aztech
  • Topic Author

Aztech created the topic: CPL Exam Passed - Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your great sample exams.
I sat the exam today and passed with a score of 80%.
I was hoping to get a little higher, but sadly, my school uses Jepps, and as such we couldn't take in the ERSA.
One of my KDR's was "Knowledge extraction from the ERSA" - I have a feeling that related to a Restricted zone, Wasn't able to find it for the live of me in any of my Jepps ERCS.

There was no NEW duty time questions, just ones similar to the sample exam.

VFR tolerances caught me out, and the only question I can think of relates to the "You are cleared Visual approach on a VFR flight, when can you deviate from track" I was sure in the Jepps it said 3nm but must have been wrong !

Also a question on Airspace I got wrong.
Question Asked, besides A, what are Airspaces. I selected C, D , E , G - (One of the options was that plus CTAF) I didn't think CTAF was an airspace !

This exam felt very much like a ENGLISH exam. Read the question over and over again for anyone who is about to do this exam. CASA has a very very funny way with words. Good luck to all and Thanks Again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ggriffiths96

ggriffiths96 replied the topic: CPL Exam Passed - Thanks Bob

Aaron! I got a question saying, where would you find the hours of activation for R758 (or something) - i obviously said ERSA but it was NOTAM, jepps makes it so hard :(

And I got the same question about the track deviations, AU-708 Paragraoh 1.11.7.4 Tracking requirements, A PIC must maintain track/heading authorized by ATC until: by day, within 5nm of the aerodrome :)
Not that you ever need to worry about it again haha congrats! :lol:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CPL Exam Passed - Thanks Bob

Congratulations Aztech - well done. You are correct about Jepps. They are widely used in the industry, but they do have some short comings when it comes to exams. It is much more difficult to find details of PRDs in Jepps in an exam situation. If a question asks for the hours of operation of a particular restricted area, you have to know which chart that restricted area is on. In the ERSA, all of the PRD information is in one place. There's another issue if you want to find the elevation of a particular aerodrome. I can never understand why CASA have that silly rule that says if you use Jepps you cannot have ERSA with you......why not??

Cheers

Bob

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds