Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Study for Exam

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot created the topic: Study for Exam

Hi Bob,

I've started reading the book for CPL Air Law and was wondering if there is a recommened approach to study the text? Does CASA text need to be referenced for everything you've listed in the book? Just a tad worried about this one as I need to get it done my Feb 20 or I will have to do all CPL exams again. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gaurav

Gaurav replied the topic: Study for Exam

Hi there,
From my experience you need to go through the references so that you will be able to understand all the points related to the question.
As far as I know there is no more need to do all the exams it's the two year window program now. You have to clear all 7 subjects in 2 years otherwise your first exam will loose its validity after 2 years. Good luck.
Gaurav

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot replied the topic: Study for Exam

Thanks.
The CASA website lists CASR Part 61 as one of the permitted materials for the exam. Where can I get this document? If it can be downloaded, can I just print and take it into the exam centre?

• Gaurav

You can print part 61 from the web. You can take into exam but it need to be in the binder which can be done at home or officeworks.
Gaurav

• Gaurav

Are you around Sydney, I am also doing the law exam in next few days...

• Cam

Cam replied the topic: Study for Exam

You can use 10 sticky notes in the AIP as references which helped me. I colour coded them.
You can have as much high lighting as you want for easy references.
I used folder dividers to section the CAR's and this was not disputed by the examiner.
The AIP index is invaluable as is knowing the sections of ERSA the CAO's and the CAR's.
I was familiar with CASR but I don't think I even took it into the exam.
I stupidly thought the exams would also provide references to the correct publication but they don't, so you need to know where to look. Which, I think, was the most valuable part of the exam, learning some poignant topics and knowing where to look for the rest.
Most helpful to me was the online example exams (I used the AFT package which may even be the same as Bob Taits??) which are pretty faithful to the CASA exam.
Hope some of this is a help, I had to sit twice..
Cam

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds