Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Transponder Requirements

• Captblackdragon
  • Topic Author

Captblackdragon created the topic: Transponder Requirements

Hi Everyone,

I got a question about transponder requirements and I'm not sure whether i'm understanding the reference wrong or whether the answer to the question is wrong.

The question is a little something like this:

A VFR generator equipped aircraft is required to be fitted with a transponder (Mode A or C or S) when it is flying in:

A) CTA
B ) OCTA
C) Class C and E, and any airspace at or above 10,000ft AMSL
D) All Australian Airspace

The answer given is C and I understand that reasoning behind it however AIP GEN 1.5 - 6.1.1 doesn't specify that Class E requires a transponder below 10,000ft AMSL?

Cheers,
captblackdragon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Transponder Requirements

All aircraft in Class A or C airspace and all aircraft operating in any airspace above 10,000 feet must have a transponder.

Also, all aircraft operating in Class E airspace no matter what the height (above or below 10,000 feet) must be fitted with a transponder.

• calmpilot

calmpilot replied the topic: Transponder Requirements

Adding to Mr Bob's answer, You just need to pay attention to the word EXCEPT in GEN 1.5 6.11 (b)

• AbelGill

AbelGill replied the topic: Transponder Requirements

Hi...three exception to operating in RVSM airspace without the proper equipment. 1. Lifeguard 2. Military 3. RVSM certification test flights. As far as I know there are no other exception.

assembly pcb

• MissSoph

MissSoph replied the topic: Transponder Requirements

Can you recall where this is specified... just so I can look it up and study ... :)

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Transponder Requirements

AIP ENR 1.5 para 6 and on

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds