Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

What are the transponder codes of overwater and lane of entry?

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance created the topic: What are the transponder codes of overwater and lane of entry?

My friend encounter these two questions in EXAMs.

What is the transponder code of:
1.lane of entry
A.1200
B.3000
I can't find the answer anywhere, and neither fly into a lane of entry before...

2. Class G Overwater
A.1200
B.4000
C.7615
In AIP, it states: In class G, civil aviation no involved in special operation or SAR, and excess of 15nm offshore should use 4000.
But as we all know, we usually submit a SAR.

For civil flight engaged in littoral surveillance should use 7615. I make no sense of littoral surveillance.

Could someone help me please? Thanks a lot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: What are the transponder codes of overwater and lane of entry?

1. ENR 1.4-6 states
This would be in Class G airspace, so the transponder code is 1200

• SJM

SJM replied the topic: What are the transponder codes of overwater and lane of entry?

Your interpretation of the bold text is wrong. You may 'usually' nominate a SARTIME, but you do not submit a Search and Rescue (SAR is a possible action if your nominated SARTIME is not cancelled in time).

littoral surveillance is basically coastline surveillance.

The answer to this question depends on the complete question (which I suspect is more than "Class G over water")

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance replied the topic: What are the transponder codes of overwater and lane of entry?

Thanks a lot for your replies! You correct my mistakes which I even don't know before.
I want to confirm my following description:
In class G, for general flight within 15nm overwater, squawk 1200.
Excess 15nm ,squawk 4000.
Littoral surveillance is sometime like patrol, if like this , I will select 7615.
Are they correct? Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds