Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

Quick question

• Adam
  • Topic Author

Adam created the topic: Quick question

hey guys,
I was sitting around in the Airport today chatting with the other lads. we were having a discussion on what we had to carry on each flight for both private and commercial trips. one fellow said that it was his understanding that for every flight, in both scenarios, you had to have a weight and balance calculation and chart done and carried on the flight, not just done and filed in the office etc etc. I looked through the CAO's and CAR's and came across the stuff about having to have done one for each flight, but nothing about carrying it with you. any ideas? got me thinking about being ramp checked and not having one with me.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: Quick question

CAR 139 Documents to be carried in Australian aircraft
(1) Subject to subregulation (2), the pilot in command of an aircraft, when
flying, must carry on the aircraft:
(a) its certificate of registration;
(b) its certificate of airworthiness;
(c) unless CASA otherwise approves, its maintenance release and any other document approved for use as an alternative to the maintenance release for the purposes of a provision of these Regulations;
(d) unless CASA otherwise approves, the licences and medical certificates of the operating crew ;
(e) the flight manual (if any) for the aircraft ;
(f) any licence in force with respect to the radio equipment in the aircraft;
(g) if the aircraft is carrying passengers—a list of the names, places of embarkation and places of destination of the passengers;
(h) if the aircraft is carrying cargo—the bills of lading and manifests with respect to the cargo.
Penalty: 10 penalty units.

(2) An aircraft operating wholly within Australian Territory is not required, when flying, to carry a document specified in paragraph (1) (a), (b), (f) or (g).

Don't NEED a lot really. Especially when you take a look at sub para (2)!

And from AIP, references may have changed however..

5. CARRIAGE OF FLIGHT DOCUMENTATION
5.1 Pilots are required to carry, and have readily accessible in the aircraft,
the latest editions of the aeronautical maps, charts and other
aeronautical information and instructions, published:
a. in AIP, or
b. by an organisation approved by CASA,
that are applicable to the route to be flown, and any alternative
route that may be flown, on that flight (CAR 233).

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Quick question

CAR 139 lists the documents to be carried on Australian aircraft in flight. I agree there is no mention of weight and balance load sheets.

• Adam
  • Topic Author

Adam replied the topic: Re: Quick question

Excellent, thanks guys. I remembered seeing that whilst studying for airlaw but couldn't for the life of me find it the other day.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds