Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook created the topic: If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

G'day all,

I am knee deep in the Echo Mk IV (CPL Performance and my last CPL exam) and I am dredging the bottom of my soul for inspiration, after having read a few others comments - glad I have the online component as well for another angle, but think it seems to boil down to learning it properly and then taking a good consolidated formula chart to the exam, brain dumping it on the other side and getting to work. We'll see...

But on the lighter side, I found myself (after lots of adding load and ballast fuel in the echo) having a chuckle.

Here I am looking at my flow chart workings of over an hour on "present fuel", and then the "present moment" (underneath). So I "think" the key to surviving the Echo might be to "Enjoy" the "present moment" :-)

Here's to all those poor pilots that have passed this exam! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brook
  • Topic Author

brook replied the topic: If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

Pant, Pant - well I guess as the late Jim Rohn said - "where-ever you are, be."

Personally I think a good medication to stop pilots arriving early is strong headwinds...

See Bob and Richard you've even got me making my own jokes up about flying :-)

Thank goodness for the Spotify online music service!

• Neville75

Neville75 replied the topic: If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

Hi Brook

Sharing your pain, as I am also shifting and adding weight and ballast to my little hearts content. I too have left performance as my last exam thinking that it would inspire me to push onwards. Whilst not finding it completely impossible to grasp, I continue to ask myself how the hell am I going to remember all the formulas etc for the exam.

Anyway, good luck and I will also try to enjoy the "Present Moment".

Nev

• brook
  • Topic Author

Thanks Nev - good to know there are others who are also forging "their right of passage" :-) I think a bit of last minute Formula Revision will be key, knowing if all else fails the charts might give us an idea to check against. I have started a formula sheet, when its done happy to upload if you can read my handwriting :-) will still be a while as I was going to re-revise and add more on the second pass.

Think having a 0.3mm graphite pencil (not 0.5mm) makes a different too, as well as a slider (roller) ruler rather than a plain ruler. I have a Seikoshi rolling ruler, its great.

Good luck - do you have *any* idea of when you *might* sit the test? I am going to try in the next couple of weeks all being well...

• Neville75

Neville75 replied the topic: If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

A List of formulas to learn sounds like a good plan to round off with, think I'll use and tag the conversion page in ERSA too, just in case of a big mental block on the day.

I'm nearly finished my first run through the text, so at least another couple of weeks until I'm ready. Most likely 3-4 weeks depending on getting time off work.

This subject has taken me longer, as I'm also using the online package. I started checking exam venue availability and found that there's no vacancies at my preferred location (Maroochydore) until end of December, so I'll have to sit at Archerfield instead :(

Getting the P chart accuracy will be my biggest challenge. Hopefully the answers will be separated enough (fingers crossed).

• brook
  • Topic Author

Good Stuff Nev yes the ERSA tagging must do that! Hey the exam system changes over this Month on the 24th of this month - same questions apparently.

www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_101435 check it out!

Yes the P charts can be misinterpreted easily.... having that good pencil helps!

Archerfield, that's a drive! Strewth - an afternoon exam and some coffee perhaps? hey apparently the location at Archerfield has changed according to the ASL web site, now in a particular Qantas Building.

I have been using the online packagr too and I know what you mean, but I figure its a great support and reassurance, besides its fun listening to Bob and Richard. They are like family now :-)

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: If doing performance - enjoy the present moment...

Funnily, I have left PERF as my last one too... knee deep on the beetles and flow charts and trying to remember what I studied in the beginning of the book :laugh: . It is definitely a tougher subject and talking to my instructor, he says a lot fail this exam just because they run out of time, so making sure we're fluent with the formulas is a must... I have my exam booked for the 1st October (I find I don't get serious about study until the exam is booked) so I have to be ready.... looking forward to getting the last exam done, I have my flight test booked mid november so by xmas should be CPL!

• brook
  • Topic Author

Hi Bungee - good on you for committing! I am the same - once you book its time to go hard (well, at least in the exam, darn it that came out wrong ;-). Will be interesting to see what the new exam format looks like from the 24th...Hope nobody is using beetle killer around the exam room ;-) Flight test as well - wow that's great news. I am trying for the same. Good work! I know what you mean about remember what you studied at the beginning of book. Performance certainly moves around the place a bit, what with p charts, loading, the other charts and and formula's. I wonder what exactly CASA were thinking when they decided to design their own ACFT?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds