Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

With the release of the CPL Performance course coming up at the end of the month, it's time for another preview. This time we'll take a look at the "In Class with Bob" segments and join Bob in class as he discusses some definitions relevant to the Echo P-Charts.

The interface is the same as that for the lessons and instructions on how to use the lesson viewer interface are contained in Video Tutorial #3 .

Cheers,

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Re: Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

Does this require flash? Doesn't seem to work on iPad.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

Hi Bungee,

Yes, it does require flash. The lessons and "in Class" segments are not really designed for use on a mobile device. The bandwidth requirements would exceed most people's mobile plans I reckon. That's why we decided to target desktop machines for most of the multimedia material and provide the offline disc for users with slower or restricted internet connections.

Having said that though, the exams and quizzes lend themselves to being accessed via an iPad, no problems at all. They use normal html and scale quite nicely. The iPad etc could thene be used as a mobile revision tool especially since the drill quizzes and practice exams can be done as often as you like within the course.

Cheers,

Rich

• Bungee

Bungee replied the topic: Re: Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

I think most iPads are not used on a mobile wifi plan. You will find that people, myself included, use their iPad at home on their normal Internet plan, so that wouldn't be an issue. For surfing the web at home, 95% of the time we use the iPad connected to our wireless network. This could be a reason to work on something that would play on an iPad. I think alot of tablets are windows based, so they should work fine.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: Previews: In Class with Bob - Some Definitions

Good points Bungee. One of the other issues we do have with catering for mobile devices is simply the reduced screen real estate available. The student can hide all those controls if needed and maximise the main display.

However, an iPad will still be an awesome revision tool even while using a desktop machine for the multimedia content. Since all of the exams and quizzes will work even on an iPhone, a student can still use those devices effectively.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds