Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Minimum height-Other areas (91.267)

• Thank you received: 0

jasonch created the topic: Minimum height-Other areas (91.267)

Hi Bob,
I have a question on my online Prep for AirLaw.

In relation to Minimum height - other areas (”500 ft+”), the answer to the following question is “c. Due to stress of weather”
instead of “d. At any time when flying within training area“ (which is in clause (f) under CASR 91.267 - but it's may not correct answer because of the term "In any time"....?)
Furthermore, I can’t find the answer “c. Due to stress of weather” in the clauses under the CASR 91.267.

Can you please advise the reason why the correct answer is the “c. Due to stress of weather”?

Also, another reason why I got confused is that I have a similar question related to the CASR 91.265 (minimum height-populous area) with the answer - "If the aircraft is engaged in flying training" which makes more sense to me as it falls into the clause, (4)-(d) under the CASR 91.265.
Question) A pilot may elect to fly at a height lower than 500 ft. above the highest obstacle or terrain - Select one:
a. When flying along a coast line
b. If uncertain of position
c. Due to stress of weather
d. At any time when flying within a training area

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Minimum height-Other areas (91.267)

It's because out the choices given it is the only one that is viable, you wouldn't fly into IMC by choice if you had one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds