Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

CPL Theory - Which order to tackle subjects

• AlwaysLearning
  • Topic Author

AlwaysLearning created the topic: CPL Theory - Which order to tackle subjects

Hi all,

I am just preparing to embark on my CPL studies. I will have to do this by home study so I was wondering which order is best to do the subjects in. Is there any benefit to do certain subjects before others (building on knowledge etc).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: CPL Theory - Which order to tackle subjects

There is no obvious order in which to attempt the CPL subjects, but I find that if I teach classes in the following order it seems to work well.

1. Aerodynamics
2. General Knowledge
3. Performance [Performance is all about putting the principles of Aerodynamics and General Knowledge to use].
4. Meteorology [Meteorology leads logically onto Navigation. Especially operational Met and Flight Planning.
5/ Navigation
6. Air Law
7 Human Factors

Possibly Air Law could be useful before Performance. Also Human Factors could be done any time because it doesn't relate to any particular subject.

Bob

• JackFa

JackFa replied the topic: CPL Theory - Which order to tackle subjects

Hey mate,
Bob has the order pretty spot on. I'd start off with whatever subject you feel you have the best grasp of. Nail it and get the ball rolling and the confidence up for the next 6. Nothing worse than starting off with a fail on your first one. You shouldn't have any problems at all with the exams if you know Bob's books well as he is spot on with the syllabus/exam questions.

• FlyingThereAndBack

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: CPL Theory - Which order to tackle subjects

Yeah I think both the top two replies have it spot on to be honest. Firstly, start off with your strongest area, if it's aerodynamics, do Bob's order.

When I started CPL I had just completed PPL, so I wanted to knock off Law while all my regs were highlighted, and before having to re-highlight amendments. My order was basically Bobs order with Law first.

Deffinately do Aerodynamics and AGK one after the other (I'd say Aero's first); same with Met and Nav.
The Performance exam has a little aerodynamics thrown in it, so sit it after Aero's and AGK.

Do Human Factors first if it's your strongest, last if it isn't, not in between other exams, it bares no relevance towards the other subjects. If you're going on to do ATPL's straight after your CPL credit, do Human Factors last regardless, then first for ATPL, it's almost the same exam.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds