Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Grid vs Route LSALT in IREX Practice Exam

• CHorman
  • Topic Author

CHorman created the topic: Grid vs Route LSALT in IREX Practice Exam

Gday Bob

Wondering if you might be able to provide a little bit of help? I just completed one of your online practice exams and had a couple of questions around what the lowest altitude to descend to was. Does the AIP specifically say I should use the route LSALT as opposed to the grid LSALT? Reading AIP GEN 3.3 - 18 para 4.1 I take it as its up to me which one I choose, and for a de-icing situation, I would be picking the lowest possible. Unfortunately on both occasions I picked the grid LSALT and got them wrong. I’ve attached a picture of both questions.

PS. For the second question I just picked the closest answer to the grid LSALT (which is 1900ft in Caiguna).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Grid vs Route LSALT in IREX Practice Exam

Grid lowest safe is valid providing you are established within the grid. Route LSALT as published on the ERC is only available if the aircraft is RNP2 approved (See ERC legend). However, even if you are RNP2 approved, you could still descend to Grid lowest safe if it is lower that route lowest safe providing you are sure you are in that grid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds