Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

destination alternate query TAF3 and TAF

• Thank you received: 0

Flightsurgeon created the topic: destination alternate query TAF3 and TAF

Hi everyone ( and thank you for all your help )

1. Are the options of alternate destination and holding fuel the same or can you chose either or?
2. Do holding fuel requirements only apply for INTER and TEMPO
3. Is the Inter holding fuel requirement 30 minutes and the TEMPO holding fuel requirement 60 minutes, or is it only the amount of fuel to last to 30 minutes after the end of that particular period?
4. In a standard TAF, if the conditions are below alternate minima but I plan to arrive 20 minutes before alternate minima begins, then do I need an alternate, or if I have holding fuel, do I only need it for 10 minutes?

Kind regards

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: destination alternate query TAF3 and TAF

AIP ENR 1.1 para 10.7.2.1 says, except when operating VFR within 50nm of the departure aerodrome, you need fuel for an alternate when the TAF indicates conditions below the alternate minima.

However, AIP ENR 1.1 para 10.7.2.3 says if you can hold until 30 minutes after conditions below the alternate are forecast to improve to become better than the alternate minima, you do not need to plan for the alternate. It's either/or.

AIP ENR 1.1 para 10.7.2.8 says that you do not need the full 30 minutes holding for INTER or 60 minutes holding for TEMPO if you can hold until the requirement is lifted. i.e. until 30 minutes after the time at which the change to improved conditions is complete.

• Thank you received: 0

Flightsurgeon replied the topic: destination alternate query TAF3 and TAF

thank you so much
Ravi

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds