Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

After Scuba Diving rest in PPL exam today answers?

• Thank you received: 0

Laszlo created the topic: After Scuba Diving rest in PPL exam today answers?

Hi All.

I have 4 of Bob's books and the first two was great. Passed RAAUS and RPL.

Just bought two latest Dec 21 editions for PPL 1 Study Guide.

Study Guide 2, Jan 23,
I love Bob's books! But confused about the correctness or errors on after Scuba diving rest before flying answers for PPL exam.

Have in Volume 1. Rest after Scuba Dive before flying:

No decompression: 4 hours But PPL test March 22 said 12 hours

Dive with decompression but less than 4 hours: 12 hours. But PPL test March 22 said 24 hours

I failed the exam.... I bought your new books to get the answers correct. You have the same answers still
4 hours and 12 hours.

Can you some one confirm what is the latest correct answer for after Scuba Diving rest before flying?

Thank you so much !!! Laszlo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: After Scuba Diving rest in PPL exam today answers?

Hi Laszlo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as times before flying are guidelines, we were following the UK Diving Advisory Committee recommendations and were in line with what CASA accepted, This sounds not to be the case anymore and as such I'll get in contact with CASA for clarification on the matter and get back to you
with the correct, according to CASA answers. I noticed in the investigation I have taken so far that the only recommendation of 24 hours comes from the US Air Force.

I'll post a reply as soon as I can get an answer from CASA.

Cheers

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Laszlo replied the topic: After Scuba Diving rest in PPL exam today answers?

Thank you Stuart. Much appreciate your effort.
I tried to find out from CASA site the ended up with a 404 page.

I wait for your reply before have a new go at PPL theory.

My bests. Laszlo

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: After Scuba Diving rest in PPL exam today answers?

CASA's reply

Thank you for your email regarding SCUBA diving and flying. I suspect that the information you’ve been given by students may not be entirely accurate. Perhaps they simply mis-read the question(s).

The values you currently have in the Bob Tait book “Human Performance & Limitations” are quite satisfactory.

I am aware of some differences between recommended texts relate to items like time before flying after scuba diving to various depths AND in a similar manner the effect of hypoxia on the time of useful consciousness. With these questions, FCL are very aware of the differences between these authors, so we space answers appropriately to allow a candidate who has studied any of these recommended texts to still be able to select the correct answer.

I trust this is helpful to you and your students.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds