Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Vicinity of controlled aerodromes

• Thank you received: 0

Stone99 created the topic: Vicinity of controlled aerodromes

Hi there, was wondering if anyone could help me with this question.

There is a question in one of the Bob Tait books that says something along the lines of “When operating within 5nm of the boundary of a class D airport and not intending to enter the class D control zone, what should you do”. The answer is listen to the ATIS and maintain a listening watch on the class D tower frequency.

So my question is, I understand the vicinity of a non-controlled aerodrome is within 10nm (plus the non conflicting height stuff etc), what is classified as being in the vicinity of a controlled aerodrome? And where would you find the reference for this in the AIP/CASR/ERSA?

The reference for maintaining a listening watch and ATIS would also be helpful if you had the time. Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Vicinity of controlled aerodromes

G'day

What is being asked here is not so much the vicinity of the aerodrome but the Airspace, as such the advice is for aircraft departing Class D and being on a different frequency to Class G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds