Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Flight Instructor Rating

• Thank you received: 0

Jase88 created the topic: Flight Instructor Rating

Hi All,

I'm currently working toward my FIR and just going over the theory at home.

In the first lesson (effects of controls) we teach the student that when we roll into a turn the relative airflow will strike the rear fuselage and vertical stabiliser and cause a yaw into the direction of the turn, we must demonstrate this effect in the air.

It's also my understanding that during the lesson (medium level turns) we must demonstrate adverse aileron yaw and the need to use coordinated rudder to counteract this effect. E.g. Right hand turn will be right aileron and rudder

My question is how do we get the student to see the first effect described in (effects of controls) if the adverse aileron yaw is always stronger? I have unfortunately forgotten

(I'm sure my instructor will go through this again but as always i like to get a head start)

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds