Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed AGK with 95%

• fijian_flyer
  • Topic Author

fijian_flyer created the topic: Passed AGK with 95%

Hi Mr. Tait
This was my 3rd CPL which i sat today n passed with an unexpected mark :laugh: .This is the first time i used your book and the results were great. Just a few topics n questions i can remember.

1) During a normal shutdown you switch off the ignition with the mixture set to fully rich. The engine does not shut down n continues to run. what could be the cause?
a. both mags are earthing
b. for shut down mixture is leaned to cut off
c. one mag is not earthing
i chose C since it isn't being grounded thus the firing of spark still occurs

2)During a climb you experience a high CHT. what is the remedy to this?
a) increase IAS
b) decrease IAS
c) accelerate climb to a cooler altitude
d) lean the mixture
i chose A just too cool the engine

3)during Cruise at a constant power n mixture setting u experience a high flow . what could the possible cause be?
a. lean mixture
b. blocked oil filter
c.broken fuel line
i chose b

4) Leaks downstream of the waste-gate

5)most common fire extinguisher used in the cockpit of an unpressurized A/C

6)the endurance of the battery life. This time even after the pilot switched some off it was adding up to 25amps. The batteries output was 20amp/hr
A.60mins
b. 120 mins
c 50 mins
d. 90mins

7)high density height u do a full pwr run up n the engine rough runs so the pilot leans until smooth running. What will u use during takeoff?
a. full power with rich mixture
b. full power with mixture set for smooth running
c. pwr increased until smooth running
d. mixture set to peak EGT with full pwr

8. The fire test system.

9.the use of carby heat without a CAT gauge when icing conditions are suspected

10. The effect of oil pressure failure with an A/c with counterweights

11.how does refrigeration icing occur

12. the voltmeter was reading 24v before start up n 28v after start up.what is the reading of the voltmeter in flight if the alternator fails

This is all i can remember. Alot of questions from turbo and superchargers and blocked static n pitot vents. Had a few questions from hydraulics n none on Autopilot. Now im going to use your books again for the rest of my subjects. :cheer:

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds