Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AGK Book Test 1 Question 26 errata?

• rssluca
  • Topic Author

rssluca created the topic: AGK Book Test 1 Question 26 errata?

Hello,

The book states (a) is the correct answer for test 1 q26 although the explanation states that (b) (South) is the actual correct answer, which sounds right since in the southern hemisphere the reading will lag when turning onto south.

Am I misreading the question?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: AGK Book Test 1 Question 26 errata?

G'day,

The question is correct. It is asking you to compare the aircraft's actual heading to that of the reading on the compass - "The aircraft's actual heading will lag behind the compass reading when the aircraft is turning onto:"
Now, since the compass is "nippy on north", the compass reading will be overreading the turn when compared to the actual aircraft heading and the actual aircraft heading will therefore lag behind the compass reading. In the explanation notes for Q26, it says the same thing but it mentions it is the COMPASS that lags behind the aircraft's true heading when turning onto south. Have another read of the answer comment on page 160 and you'll see what I mean.
Cheers,
Rich

• rssluca
  • Topic Author

rssluca replied the topic: AGK Book Test 1 Question 26

Great, I did think it was me perhaps misreading.

Thanks a lot!

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds