Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Clarification on a Few Questions

• yourgurltans
  • Topic Author

yourgurltans created the topic: Clarification on a Few Questions

Hey guys

I just need clarifications on a few questions listed below. Any sort of help or explanation would be highly appreciated :)

1.) In normal flight the Centre Zero Ammeter reads Zero. What test would you do to find out that the alternator is working fine or is faulty?
a. Turn off all the electrical loads and if there is a positive reading on the ammeter then the alternator is still working.
b. Turn on all the electrical loads and if the alternator shows a negative reading, the alternator is fine.
c. Pull out the alternator circuit breaker and if a discharge is shown, on the ammeter, the alternator is faulty.
d. The alternator is faulty

2.) In a centre Zero ammeter, the reading is Zero. To check if alternator is still functioning, what must you do?
a. Switch on all electrical components
b. This is normal
c. Switch off all electrical components, check for a positive charge
d. Switch on all electrical components and check for discharge

3.) What is an error for DG?
a. Apparent precession
b. Real precession
c. Magnetic variation
d. Earth precession

4.) When the pilot valve suffers oil pressure loss, the result is
a. Fine pitch
b. Course pitch
c. On speed
d. Feathered

5.) Fire extinguisher bottles are usually discharged on the
a. Inlet manifold
b. Exhaust manifold
c. Cylinder head
d. Engine cowl

6.) When you switch off the left magneto, there is no power drop. But when you switch off the right magneto, the engine fails. What could be the cause of the engine failure?
a. Both mags live
b. left mags earthed
c. left mags live
d. right mag earthed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adambernhardt

adambernhardt replied the topic: Clarification on a Few Questions

Yup, I had these in last exam as well. Did anyone get back to ya? I have AGK again tomorrow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds