Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this site or if you are having problems with any our products e.g. books, cyberexams or the website, please use this forum to let us know. Technical questions on subjects can be posted to the "Questions and Answers" section below.

RPL/PPL Vol2

• CameronD
  • Topic Author

CameronD created the topic: RPL/PPL Vol2

My flight school (and a friend from another flight school) insisted I purchase a copy of 'RPL/PPL Vol 2' and I'm glad I did. With it's help I passed my PPLA exam last week - 87%! I don't think I could have managed otherwise.. thanks Bob and the team!!

One minor nit though: The hard-copy I purchased late last year, December 2018 (I believe it's the current one), is dated 2017 and has some really outdated references to the Practice Questions eg. one regarding the 'latest position at which to join the circuit' is from 2010 and doesn't even appear in the latest CAAP plus an escaped ARFOR question or two, no TEM questions to the level required now and (as expected) uses the old fuel guidelines. Although most of the questions were still valid and helpful, I did find that Vol 1/Vol 2 alone wasn't enough preparation for the PPLA exam in 2019...I needed part of the CPL Human Factors book plus some Ground Instruction on leaning and mixture control to see me through.

Since it seems the regulations and requirements are changing on a quarterly (maybe even monthly!) basis, instead of including the Practice Questions at the back, how about adding them as a Supplement (like the one already included) instead that is clearly dated and updated from the practice exam questions available on the on-line theory course? Or giving hard-copy purchasers access to the latest practice exams?

Keep up the great work! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: RPL/PPL Vol2

G'day Cameron

Congratulations on the pass PPL is without doubt the hardest exam to surmount these days many students skip PPL and go straight onto CPL which leads to other issues. The current issue is Nov 2018 and has all the updates included as well as updated practise questions, we pride ourselves on attempting to keep our books as current as possible as we only print 100 book batches so will can incorporate the never ending updates and changes we have to deal with and we have to cover RAA, PPL, CPL, RePL and IREX so we have our hands full. I'll review the questions to check on the issues you had to make sure they have been amended

Thanks for the feedback it helps more than you realise

Congratulations again all the best for the future

Cheers

• CameronD
  • Topic Author

CameronD replied the topic: RPL/PPL Vol2

Thanks, Stuart - I do appreciate it.

I got my copy from Skylines down here in Melbourne. I'd have thought he'd only have the latest in stock given the number of students in this part of the world (it's the same picture on the cover), but maybe I missed out on the newest by a month or so? If I'd known having the latest was as important as it was, I would have bought direct from you guys. :-)

Cheers,
Cameron

PS: Speaking of cover pictures, FWIW, I really liked the cover pic on the Vol 2 copy my student friend borrowed from a few years back which had a pic of a plane parked on a grass strip and the pilot (who looked surprisingly like Bob) standing at the door watching a group of happy picnicer/passengers walk away across the grass. It just seemed to me to say more about what PPL is about (going places with family/friends) than the current cover pic does. ..but that's just my opinion - others may see different.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: RPL/PPL Vol2

Strange that Skylines would have an old copy considering how many books we ship to them

I get what your saying about the old cover but our beloved Pacer deserves to be on the cover more :)

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds