Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

• nick101
  • Topic Author

nick101 created the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

Hi Guys,

Two questions.

Firstly, regarding the below, could this not also be a execution countermeasure as the pilot should also be monitoring his progress and noticing he is heading for a RA (i.e contacts centre to request RA status) this would effectively lead to a review countermeasure by deviating around it. I understand that a planning countermeasure would prevent this by checking NOTAMs, but it effectively discounts the role of the pilot actually flying the aircraft?

A pilot who is running late misses the NOTAM advising that a restricted area on his route is active. His flight enters the restricted area without a clearance. The type of countermeasure that would have prevented this is
Select one:
an execution countermeasure. Incorrect
a planning countermeasure.
a review countermeasure.
a communication countermeasure.

Secondly, I am confident this is a latent threat as defined by CASA; however, it was marked wrong on my practice exam:

A pilot is put under pressure from his employer to get back to base before his tour of duty expires. This is an example of
Select one:

a latent threat. Incorrect
an environmental threat.
an anticipated threat.
an external threat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• incognico

incognico replied the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

This is inconsistent across the book test & online exam. When I asked about it my post was deleted! Here's the cached version! webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=...&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

Thanks for your post Incognico. The questions that CASA comes up with in this area are often ambiguous when it comes to choosing a response. In the example you give, could it not be described as a latent external threat. It seems to qualify for both. That often is the case. CASA also describe employer pressure as an organizational threat. So maybe it could be described as a latent organizational threat!

The same thing applies to the question about the restricted area.

What about a forecast thunderstorm. Could it not be described as an external, anticipated, environmental threat?
As far as the exam is concerned, all you can do is answer questions according to the CAAP definitions.

Thanks for your feed-back. I really do appreciate it. (I wish I could offer more help in this area).

I'll have another look at the questions and reword them.

• nick101
  • Topic Author

nick101 replied the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

No worries Bob, appreciate your help with this & thanks incognico.

Passed the exam with 90%, in regards to the TEM questions, they gave very wordy examples of in flight situations mainly focused on countermeasures, only one question on threats! A total of 5 TEM questions in the exam.. so who knows how to study for this one!

Onto IREX and ATPLs!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

Congratulations! That's a pretty impressive score. Better than I would have done I'll bet! Here's hoping that CASA is moving away from the 'what kind of threat is this' type questions. I think a well worded scenario is a better way to approach this topic.

All the best with your future studies - I'm sure you will do well.

Bob

• Weetabix is life

Weetabix is life replied the topic: TEM Questions (Practice Exams)

Principle of TEM

A. Skills , knowledge, behavior (incorrect)
B. culture, knowledge, behavior
C. Skills , knowledge, attitude
C. Culture, knowledge, attitude

I understand culture is totally out but how will u explain this

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds