Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam done some feedback and a question

• lindsay
  • Topic Author

lindsay created the topic: Exam done some feedback and a question

First up thanks to Bob for the book I managed 93% first try after home study.

I somehow got one of the ADF questions wrong, not sure how just a silly mistake I guess.

I got an icing question wrong - from memory the question was in thick altostratus at -2 degrees what icing is likely. I chose clear but I guess the answer they were after was clear and rime.

And the third regarding a reporting point on ERC L7. AGAGO approx 28S 137E. It has arrows for reporting required in directions only. The question is what routes are you required to report on G222, A461, both, or none. I chose G222 and got it wrong.

There's still one thing not clear to me. The way you apply PEC to DA in the book seems backwards. I have an older thread below if anyone would care to check it out?

Cheers,
Lindsay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Exam done some feedback and a question

I've always been uncomfortable with these questions on icing. I don't think nature is quite so tidy. However the Manual of Meteorology says that in Altocumulus there is 'a definite risk of rime icing and clear icing is possible in the lower portions of the cloud'. So I guess they would be going for both types of icing.

AGAGO is a compulsory reporting point on G222 only, but it would be regarded as a reporting point for A461 for a TAS less than 300 kt.

• Gareth

Gareth replied the topic: Re: Exam done some feedback and a question

Thanks Bob for your feedback. I managed 88% first attempt with home study.

Lindsay, thanks for your posts too.

Cheers

Gareth

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds