Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

Yes. If neither VOR had a co-located DME, the two radials would have to cross at an angle greater than 45 degrees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dtrembath

dtrembath replied the topic: Re: Bob's July 2011 IREX Course

Hi Bob

Came across this one in one of the Cyber Exam ... not sure where to find the information required .. can you help ..

You are approaching Townsville at 0312Z. You wish to obtain the latest meteorological reports for your arrival.
The time and frequency for the next VOLMET for Townsville will be:

A 0400 on HF
B 0330 on HF
C 0330 on VHF
D the current time on VHF

With thanks ......

Regards
David

• dtrembath

One more if I may ..

Single Engine IFR has departure minimums (day or night) always at 300' ceiling and 2000m ... is that correct ...

(SAME as for ME departing and intending to proceed in case of engine failure)

Regards

David

VOLMET is a broadcast on HF only. It runs for 5 minutes starting on the hour and half hour. See AIP ENR 3.5 para 7.3.4. Answer B would be the next VOLMET available.

Single engine T/O minima is always 300 feet ceiling and 2km visibility. The pilot of a single engined aircraft will never have the option of returning to the departure aerodome in the event of an engine failure in IMC after take off - except for the space shuttle, which can do one orbit and return to land.

• dtrembath

Hi Bob

The VOLMET reference is GEN 3.5 7.3.4 ..... I had seen it before but had difficulty in interpreting the table codes ... now I know ......

Exam on Tuesday 23/8

Many thanks
David

• dtrembath

Hi Bob

:unsure: 3 quick ones ...

:blink: I assume that for CIR recency (90 days) that VH-OZY constitutes a 'certified for single pilot operations' aircraft.... correct !!!!!

:blink: In recency questions IF it is NOT stated that recency was in a 2-pilot operation .. do we assume it is in a single pilot operation?

:blink: The CAO doesn't state that the 3 hour instrument time (of which one hour needs to be Instrument Flight Time or Simulator) has to be done as PIC or whatever ...

Regards
David

• dtrembath

Hi Bob

Attached are 2 questions I got wrong in the Cyber Exams ... Can you clarify please? ...

For Q1.png
I chose A and for the life of me cannot work out why this was marked wrong ....

For Q2.png
I chose B, but I assume that is wrong because that's after cleared to "Maintain VFR-on-top". Hence, I assume C is correct as this does happen until pilot reports "VFR-on-top'.

Regards
David
Attachments:

1. OZY is a single pilot aircraft.
2. Any exam question will specify two pilot operation, otherwise you can assume single.
3. The 3 hours of instrument time [including one hour of instrument flight time] is for PIC. If it was dual or ICUS you only need one hour - but it must be in flight or in a approved flight simulator. If you did the three hours dual or ICUS, of course that would count, since you only need one hour if it's dual or ICUS.

• dtrembath

Thanks Bob ...

Can you explain the answer for the q1.png in earlier post ... really puzzling me ...

Regards
David T

Your answer is correct. I have changed the question. It was a left-over from the change from GAAP to Class D.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds