Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX 1...2...3....GO

• Al-Khozaie
  • Topic Author

Al-Khozaie created the topic: IREX 1...2...3....GO

Hi All,

I have just recently sat and completed my 5th ATPL Theory exams which was Navigation on 8th Feb 2013 and only 2 (Human Performance and Meteorology left) exam to go.

I have decided to take a little detour and do my IREX theory as it is quiet similar to NAV exam i just sat therefore it will make my life easier to study content.

Bob Tait’s got me through all my CPL's and now IREX hoping to give me that 2.0 wow factor in Bob Tait’s series of books.

Anyway, I just wanted to know what is best way to tackle this book?
And
Anyone recently sat exam?

I am hoping to give myself 3 weeks to study for the text on home study while I juggle work commitment is boring world of IT.

Thanks all,
Sarmad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris 000

Chris 000 replied the topic: IREX 1...2...3....GO

Sarmad,

This is my two cents worth, and as I failed the exam first time round a week or so ago (getting ready for a resit) by 5% maybe I am not too much of an expert.

I went through Bob's book from beginning to end, and found it good, as you build your background knowledge before getting the overload part of chapter 5. However a work colleague started at chapter 2, then went back to chapter 1 to learn the HAT and intercept things. He found this better for him, as you get into the rules, and guidelines etc. first, and chapter 1 is quite light, particularly if you already have a good knowledge of NDB's & VOR's and how they work.

3 Weeks may be enough time if you have nothing else in your life outside of work to study. And really depends on the hours you work etc. Allow plenty of time to get through the book, including the practice exams, as they are good prep before the Cyber practice exams. A tip if you are not getting 85% or better on bob's cyber exams don't sit your actual exam. I learnt this the hard way. However sitting the exam gives you a much clearer idea of how hard the exam will be.

Good luck with it.

Chris

• Al-Khozaie
  • Topic Author

Al-Khozaie replied the topic: IREX 1...2...3....GO

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply mate

I have decided to do ATPL human performance before tackling IREX.

Reason because I have CPL pre-licence and Licence test upcoming in next couple of weeks that I want to concentrate on before taking on nasty exam such as IREX

After CPL and ATPL human performance is done, than I will endeavour to return to IREX and get it ticked off my list.

I have taken onboard what you have said and realistically 3 weeks is pushing it and hence will take my time to absorb all the information.

Thanks,
Sarmad

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds