Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CIR Revision Questions

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 created the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Bob,
I have a few questions in relation to the CIR Rev questions in chapter 6 of your book. Some might just be my copy of the book (I have June 2010 edition), lack of understanding on my behalf, or Changes in Text (eg AIP).

Set 2 Q4 - I have answer C your book has D. I am sure the current AIP text says 'and' and not 'or' which is the opposite from what your book says the answer is.

Set 2 Q10 - I had answer B and your book say D. Current Dap's have MSA as 3500 feet. Am I missing something here?

Set 4 Q5 - I had answer c and book had B. Is it a case of the levels have changed in the current DAP's or have I missed the point in the justification for the answer in your book?

Set 7 Q 9 - I have answer C and you book had B. In current DAP's circling MDA is 3250. Again am I missing something, or change in DAP levels?

Set 8 Q6 - I had answer A your book says C. However I can't find the reference your book refers to in the AIP ENR 1.6 para 8.2.2. Please clarify for me what reference I need to review to get the answer?

Set 8 Q9 - I have answer B and your book has it as A. Current Daps' have MDA as 1000, but the box on the left is shaded and there is an ATIS available. Therefore couldn't the MDA be reduced to 900 feet? O have I missed something again?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Set 2 Q4 The AIP says the alternate minima are cloud base and visibility. But the question is asking you to identify circumstances which would require an alternate to be provided. Therefore it is cloud base or visibility. If the cloud base is below LSALT + 500, you need an alternate no matter what the visibility is. If the visibility is less than 8 km, you need an alternate no matter what the cloud base is. So the answer to the question is or not and.

Set 2 Q10 Rockhampton has a 10nm MSA of 3200 feet. As long as you remain within ten miles of Rockhampton, your MSA will be 3200 feet, not 3500 feet.

Set 4 Q5 The LOC MDA with actual QNH is 2550 feet. The current version of the book reflects that.

Set 7 Q9 You broke out of cloud at 3250 feet and the circling minimum on the current chart is 3350 feet. So at night you would have to do a missed approach.

Set 8 Q6 The reference is now ENR 1.6 para 6.4.2. The current book reflects that.

Set 8 Q9 This question refers to a RNAV GNSS approach into Hay. The QNH is not available - no ATIS or AWIS. The circling minimum is 1000 and you break out at 950 feet at night so you have to do a missed approach.

Regards

Bob

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 replied the topic: CIR Revision Questions

Thanks Bob, when you take time to step back, or actually someone else says it they all make much better sense. Appreciate the quick replies.

Chris ;)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds