Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cyber Prac exam Questions

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 created the topic: Cyber Prac exam Questions

Bob,

Have just done another cyber prac exam and have a few more questions/clarifiactions

1) You are flying the Derby GPS Arrival procedure in VH-OZY on an inbound track of 270 degrees M. You have obtained the actual QNH from an approved source.

The MDA for this procedure is -

correct answer - 530ft
my answer - 630ft

Obviously I have missed something here. I based my answer on GNSS arrival minus 100 feet as Atis is avail and shaded box on chart.

2) You are planning a flight from Wagga Wagga to Hay at A090. If the Hay NDB is unserviceable, select a combination of aids which would satisfy the requirements of a positive position fix over Hay -

correct answer - Griffith NDB and Griffith DME
my answer - Wagga Wagga VOR and Wagga Wagga DME

Not sure how you would pick one over the other. Obviously I am missing something here again?

3) You are conducting a RNAV[GNSS] at night on runway 14 at Narrandera. You break out of cloud at 1200 feet with a visibility of 4.0 km.

If you are now too high to land straight ahead on runway 14 you should -
correct answer - Carry out a missed approach
my answer - Continue to the circling area and over fly for a left circuit runway 32; based on circling for this approach is 1270 feet and left box is shaded and AWIS reduce by 100 feet, and non circling areas etc.

Again must be missing something here?

Thanks in advanced Bob,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 replied the topic: Cyber Prac exam Questions

Bob,

Just wondering if you have had a chance to check these out would be most appreciative of some help before I sit the exam next week. Thanks

Chris

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Cyber Prac exam Questions

Chris

The good news is I can't find anything wrong with your answers except for the Wagga to Hay distance which is greater than 90 nm, so out of range for both VOR and DME.. The bad news [for me] is I'll have to make some changes to the questions because obviously there have been changes to the documents since those questions were written.

Thanks for the feed-back.

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 replied the topic: Cyber Prac exam Questions

Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yep Wagga is further than 90. I some how overlooked Hay to Runda was the 81 nm not hay to wagga. Needed to stop and take that few extra seconds to check. Another late night slip up there. :blush:

No problems on the feedback Bob. At least now you have the answers. Which will save you some time... ha ha. :laugh:

Thanks again.

Chris

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds