Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cyber Revision Questions

• Chris 000
  • Topic Author

Chris 000 created the topic: Cyber Revision Questions

Bob,

Hoping you are able to answer the below questions as I have my IREX on Monday.

1) Refer to ERC 7.

You depart Andamooka for Oodnadatta in VH-OZY. The Andamooka NDB is unserviceable due to recent storm damage. Your intention is to return to Andamooka should an engine fail in IMC after departure. You plan to track to Oodnadatta via W764.

You are not current on RNAV[GNSS] approaches.

The meteorological minima for your departure Andamooka is a visibility of 5 km and a cloud ceiling of -

Correct answer - 2050
My answer - 2800

I assume as Andamooka now has no Published approcach then level should be Grid LSALT + 500 = 2800.

But I forgot to take off the aerodrome elevation of 250 ft to get the ceiling. Still doesn't get me to 2050ft. Can you please clarify, or is the answer based on an DAP's

2) An aircraft is flying at A070 in a layer of stratocululus cloud with light turbulence. If the OAT
is -5 degreesC, the type of airframe icing to occur is most likely to be -

correct anser - rime ice
my answer - Clear ice. Based on temp not cloud type.

Sorry this goes back to Met but I can't seem to find a reference or answer. Which takes precedence temperature or cloud type, I am guessing cloud type from above question?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds