Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Actual IREX questions from the CASA database!

• Shiellsy
  • Topic Author

Shiellsy created the topic: Actual IREX questions from the CASA database!

Just found this on CASA's website!

Actual questions from the database? How nice of them!

www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Actual IREX questions from the CASA database!

Yes, ther're sample questions that CASA published years ago. They also published sample questions for PPL. They published only the stem of the questions without any of the answer choices. I used some of them in the books with my own answer choices. It's all quite legal and above board. It dates back to the time when the cyber exams were first introduced.

Bob

• Mister W

Mister W replied the topic: Actual IREX questions from the CASA database!

Hi all,
I used them when teaching IREX back in day as well. The old myth about the IREX was that it wasn't an aviation exam, its an 'english exam'. Not true! Every exam requires you to gather to all the facts and interprupt what is actually being asked so you give the correct answer.
This is where the examples are very handy to give the students the idea of how the questions were written, how to interprupt them and to really follow the good ol' RTFQ rule.
RTFQ being: Read...The ...FULL...Question. :P

You can build scenarios around the questions and do alsorts of fun stuff with them in the classroom.
Also, towards the end of my instructing career, most of the students spoke english as a second language. The examples help with their comprehension of what was being asked.
And, as Bob said, all legal and above board.

Cheerio for now,
Mister W.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds