Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Departure Requirements

• Locky27
  • Topic Author

Locky27 created the topic: Departure Requirements

Hi all,

I've got a flight this week to AMB (ILS) and then onto YKRY (RNAV). My flight is going to be during CTAF at AMB and I'm confused on how to depart to YKRY. Once in the missed approach from the ILS do I have to track back to the aid (NDB) to get a departure time or can I trust fly the missed approach and on completion just intercept my track to YKRY instead of tracking back to the aid and departing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Locky27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Departure Requirements

Locky

You'd have a few options, but it would be acceptable to follow the missed approach procedure to the ten mile MSA of 3400 feet then track to intercept the direct track to YKRY.The Class C LL is 4500 feet so you would need to give your airways clearance request with your departure call and remain OCTA until clearance is obtained.

• Locky27
  • Topic Author

Locky27 replied the topic: Departure Requirements

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Isnt there also a requirement to be on track by 5nm from the departure aerodrome or that doesnt apply because your following the missed approach?

Locky27

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Departure Requirements

I don't think there would be any problem meeting that requirement. All of that manoeuvring should remain within five miles.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds