Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Jepps answer vs AIP

• rl_referre
  • Topic Author

rl_referre created the topic: Jepps answer vs AIP

Hi Bob,

I stumbled across question 3 on page 6.15
"You have been cleared by Oakey TWR for RWY 14 LOC approach into Oakey in OZY. After crossing the outer marker at 2800ft, you may commence descent to;
a-1540 b-1890 c-1990 d-2170 e-2070
I understand the AIP has shadded in section or something. However I am using the Jepps and the plate for the LOC approach has a MDA of 1990ft. How do I know I can then take 100ft off that answer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Jepps answer vs AIP

Jeppensen doesn't use the shaded box idea. They simply list the MDA with and without the actual QNH. Look at the bottom right of the approach plate and you will see the two figures listed side-by-side. Actual aerodrome QNH and Forecast QNH.
Attachments:

• rl_referre
  • Topic Author

rl_referre replied the topic: Jepps answer vs AIP

Thanks Bob, I get the different MDAs but in this question I only have 1 MDA for the LOC approach. Oakey LOC rwy 14 has a Straight in landing Rwy 14 MDA of 1990 and 3.7km (656AGL). I just want to make sure I am seeing the same thing as you...

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds