Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

question 7 page 6.7

• BB
  • Topic Author

BB created the topic: question 7 page 6.7

It's a reversal procedure... ENR 1.5 para 1.21.2 states that I have to cross the fix before I can descent? How come the answer states I can start my descent from 3700' 10NM out?

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: question 7 page 6.7

Hi BB,

Answer (c) is correct. You can only descend if you have crossed the aid and are established on the outbound track OR you have turned to intercept the outbound track.

If you read the question stem again you will see it states you are manoeuvring to intercept the 214 degree magnetic track inbound to the aid. Option (c) then says you can start your descent after "completing a left turn to intercept the 184 degree magnetic outbound track". The inference here is that you have crossed the aid and are now turning left onto the outbound leg since you could not sensibly turn left to intercept the outbound track unless you were at the aid.

(a) is incorrect because you need to have completed your turn towards the outbound track before you can descend.
(b) is incorrect because you don't need to be established on the outbound track, turned towards it is enough
(d) is incorrect because you would need to turn left at the aid and not right to intercept the 184 outbound from the 214 inbound track.

My 2c worth :)

Cheers,

Rich
Attachments:

• BB
  • Topic Author

BB replied the topic: question 7 page 6.7

Great answer Richard... makes all sense! I got confused with the "and" & "or" in the AIP... all very theoretical to me, have only ever flown Helicopter VFR.

Thanks again,
Bernd

P.s. There might be some more questions popping up...

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: question 7 page 6.7

No worries - glad to help :)

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds