Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam Prep - Open Exam #1

• limumeng
  • Topic Author

limumeng created the topic: Exam Prep - Open Exam #1

Dear Bob

In Q 7 of the above set, on ERSA FAC Sydney Kingsford Smith - Traffic Delays requiring holding fuel.

Your explanation :
However, ERSA FAC Sydney Kingsford Smith has 'REMARKS'. This says that for all General Aviation arrivals between 2100 and 0100 [7am to 11am], there are anticipated airborne traffic delays of 30 minutes.

However, I am using Jepps. And under Airport Directory, AU 260 - Sydney, It says between 2000-1800 all traffic 20min; daily 1800-2000- all traffic 10mins.

There isn't a 30min , Which should I follow ?

Lim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Exam Prep - Open Exam #1

Lim

You have brought up an important point. Firstly CASA as clearly stated that if there is a discrepancy between Jepps and Air Services documents, then Air Services will be taken as the authority.

Also we have noticed lately that there are a number of other differences between Jeppensen and Air Services. In some cases, students have failed an exam because of it. I have written to Jeppesen Australia pointing this out. Although we will continue to give Jeppensen references in our Air Law and IREX publications, until we get a reply from Jeppensen, we will be advising students that these problems may arise if Jeppensen documents are used in the CASA exam.

We are aware that some students have spent a lot of money obtaining Jeppensen documents and that they are widely used in the day to day operations of the industry. However, when an exam such as Air Law has an 80% pass mark, you cannot afford to lose even one mark due to such discrepancies.

Bob

• limumeng
  • Topic Author

limumeng replied the topic: Exam Prep - Open Exam #1

THANKS BOB,

At least now, if the Sydney airport question comes out, I will go for 30 min holding , won't argue with that.
Need to pass the exam first.

Now, moving on to 2 more of the Exam Prep.

Appreciate that.

Lim

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds