Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Alternate Minima

• mbav8tr
  • Topic Author

mbav8tr created the topic: Alternate Minima

OK, you've managed to confuse the foreign guy. Section 3, pg. 3.9, talking about alternate minima. With the Jepp plates (which is what I'm using), the "for filing as alternate" info on the 10-9 charts (airport info plates) is what you would use to determine if an aerodrome was acceptable to be used as an alternate if you needed to file one in the first place... or so I thought. The actual approach plates themselves don't have these numbers on them, as the DAP plates do, but the "for filing as alternate" numbers that I'm referring to from the 10-9 plates match the "alternate" numbers from the DAP plates. So if I understand correctly, I'm supposed to use the "for filing as alternate" numbers to actually determine if I need to file an alternate if using that aerodrome as my destination, not to determine if that aerodrome can be used as alternate?
Like I said, I am now officially confused. Any help in explaining this would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Alternate Minima

Hi mbav8r,

Yes that is correct. The alternate minima figures refer to the minimum conditions for that aerodrome before you need an alternate. If the conditions are below those described on the chart, you will need to carry an alternate for your flight.

Cheers,

Rich

• mbav8tr
  • Topic Author

mbav8tr replied the topic: Alternate Minima

Thank you for clearing that up.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds