Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

recency for vor or ndb approaches using ILS

• pannier
  • Topic Author

pannier created the topic: recency for vor or ndb approaches using ILS

Dear All,

Is it true to say that if I encounter a appch that is listed VOR or NDB (say for example the Cairns NDB A or VOR B) that if I have done only an ILS in the last 90 days that I am recent for that approach? This puzzled me since nothing gives recency for an NDB except NDB.

My reasoning is that the ILS recency gives me VOR, and since the Approach is listed as NDB A or VOR B, I can use either.

Wonder what would happen if I was in that recency situation and the VOR went U/S? Would I still be recent enough for an NDB approach?

Many thanks

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: recency for vor or ndb approaches using ILS

No, an ILS will not give you recency for an NDB. If an approach is labeled VOR or NDB it simply means that the procedure can be flown using either an ADF or VOR, but you still need the recency appropriate to the aid you are using. The ILS covers you for LOC and VOR approaches only.

Bob

• pannier
  • Topic Author

pannier replied the topic: recency for vor or ndb approaches using ILS

Thanks for that.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds