Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Inbound sector entries

• abargri
  • Topic Author

abargri created the topic: Inbound sector entries

Hi all -

I came across this question and need your help on how to approach to answer (I don't get it, and the AIP isn't written in plane English for me to understand this part)

You are tracking in to Kowanyama NDB on a heading of 360 degrees M for a RWY 12 NDB approach. You are flying VH-OZY and you decide to divert from the present track at 25 nm out and fly directly into the outbound leg of the approach procedure.

The inbound track which would require the least diversion from your present track to permit the approach to commence without the need for a sector entry is -

Select one:
299 degrees M
252 degrees M
269 degrees M
239 degrees M

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: Inbound sector entries

My guess would be 120-30+180=270, and the closest answer is 269.
Runway.is 120deg.
To fly directly to outbound, you can do it from +/-30deg..
To do that you have to go to the opposite direction (180) first.
However I could be very wrong on this, and likely there could be a catch too :)

• Carello

Carello replied the topic: Inbound sector entries

The approach commences on an outbound track of 269M for CAT A&B aircraft.

If you don't have to lose altitude in the pattern, you can enter the outbound leg of the approach (269M) without entering the holding pattern if your inbound track to the NDB is within +/-30 degrees of 269M.

In this scenario, you turn right to intercept an inbound track of 299M to the NDB - note that 299M is within +/- 30 of the outbound procedure track of 269M. Once over the NDB, turn left to intercept the 269 track outbound and fly the approach - piece of cake.

Answer is 299M.
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 replied the topic: Inbound sector entries

My bad guess, didn't look at DAP.. Thanks Carello

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds