Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

MINI TEST QUESTION 1 PAGE 171

• Thank you received: 0

heidif created the topic: MINI TEST QUESTION 1 PAGE 171

MINI TEST Q1 on page 171 of IREX

You are planning an IFR air transport flight into Coonabarabran. One GNSS unit has been removed for repair but all other aids are serviceable. The TAF is given below....
An alternate [is/is not] required. Why?

I said an alternate is required because they only have RNAV approach in Coonabarabran and we are operating with only 1 RNAV usable. The answer said You only have ONE C146a left so you can still fly the instrument approach. You would not require an alternate. An alternate is not required because you are equipped with two TSO146 RNAV/GNSS receivers.

As I understand it, you need 2 RNAV/GNSS or 1 RNAV/GNSS and 1 ADF or 1 VOR. An air transport flight must be able to suffer the failure of an airborne aid and still have means of conducting an instrument approach. If the one RNAV/GNSS that we have fails, we don't have the means of conducting an instrument approach.

What am I not understanding?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: MINI TEST QUESTION 1 PAGE 171

Coonabarabran had a ground-based aid when that question was written. I have changed the destination to Cooma-Snowy Mountaints.

• Thank you received: 0

baddles replied the topic: MINI TEST QUESTION 1 PAGE 171

Hi Bob, the current version of this question still quotes the TAF for Coonabarabran YCBB (and says "the TAF for Coonabarabran is...") although the destination is Cooma Snowy Mountains YCOM.

• Thank you received: 837

Stuart Tait replied the topic: MINI TEST QUESTION 1 PAGE 171

Thanks Baddles

I've amended the question

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds