Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IREX CAO 20.91

• Thank you received: 0

P.Potter created the topic: IREX CAO 20.91

Good Morning All,

Just going through the IREX text book and have come across under the section Performance Based Navigation, page 116, RNP requirements applicable to IFR Flight. This notes CAO 20.91 8.2 as a reference. AS of the 2nd December 2021 this was repealed by CASA without, from what i can ascertain, references to any of the New regs, 91,135 or the likes. This has popped up again on page 120 as well as CAO 20.18. While i am no way near the end of this subject the fact that this has popped up within the Text referencing now repealed regs, my study partners and myself are wondering what else may be referenced in the Textbook.

These amongst other references from the CASA Website.
[Civil Aviation Orders (CAO) repealed on 2 December 2021.
CAO 20.91 - (Instructions and directions for performance-based navigation) Instrument 2014.
CAO 20.18 (marked on FRLI as in force) - (Aircraft equipment — basic operational requirements) Instrument 2014

I been been through the lists on the forum and also in the list of amendments from the website without being able to find updated referencing.

If anyone has any insight or can point in the direction of the new regs that reference these or any other would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Phil Potter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: IREX CAO 20.91

Good Morning Phil

The repeal you reference was not complete as CASA hasn't finalised the legislation and certain CAR's and CAO's are still in force.

Hence the confusion. I hope this helps

Stuart
Attachments:

P.Potter replied the topic: IREX CAO 20.91

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply on this.

I understand that this can be found in the Federal Register, my question i guess would be more to the fact that this is obviously not part of the permitted material, if a question within this category was possed in an exam, where in the permitted material would we find answers or related information on Performance Based Navigation? The only reference i can see is in the AIP Gen 1.5 - 1.

Thanks again,

Phil.

G'day Phil

I'm going to contact Gavin with this query and get his feedback as I feel the CAO's should be included in the permitted materials list

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back from him

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: P.Potter

Alexmar replied the topic: IREX CAO 20.91

Hi Stuart,
I'm wondering if you have had any luck with this?
Have noticed that some information is required out of AC 91 and not listed on permitted materials as well.
I have found Bob's IREX extract on the site here which was amazing however I am worried it may be missing some extracts to date.

G'day Alex

I've had no answer from Gavin, however no one has complained that there is any issue with the extracts as they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexmar

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds